2015 University of Georgia Essay Questions
The application is now more complex and will open September 2.
1. Students applying Early Action have no essays to write.
2. Students applying Regular and/or are deferred from EA must complete three short essays (One required and then two from list of three options).
Here are the four essay questions as we now have them, with Essay 1 being required (200-300 words) and Essays 1-3 being three options from which the applicant can select two (150-200 words).
- (Required) The UGA faculty has defined the qualities that the student body should demonstrate in the Admissions Philosophy Statement. After reviewing this, help us understand which of your qualities will add value to our community of scholars. (200-300 words)
Choose two of the following three to answer as well (Two required):
- Share a story about someone in your life (not a family member) who is significantly different than you. How are you different and what have you learned from your relationship with this person? (150-200 words)
- Tell us an interesting or amusing story about yourself that you have not already shared in your application. (150-200 words)
- UGA’s First Year Odyssey Program offers more than 300 seminar courses for new freshmen. Some examples include “The History of Horseracing”, “Einstein and the Theories of Relativity” and “The Zombie Plague”. If you could create your own seminar course at UGA in any subject area that interested you, what would it be? What would the course be named and what would you hope to learn?(150-200 words)
For more information about the application, please go to our application: All College Application Essays