UVA Freshmen 2013-2014 Application Essay Questions
- College of Arts & Sciences: What work of art, music, science, mathematics, or literature has surprised, unsettled, or challenged you, and in what way?
- Engineering: If you were given funding for a small engineering project, what would you do?
- Architecture: Students in the school of architecture study the physical design of the environment in which we live, including cities, landscapes, and buildings. That environment has a profound effect on the way that people and societies interact and develop. Describe how a particular physical place has influenced your growth as a person.
- Nursing: Discuss experiences that led you to choose the School of Nursing.
- Kinesiology: Discuss experiences that led you to choose the kinesiology major.
- What is your favorite word and why?
- The Honor Code at U.Va. states that students will not lie, cheat, or steal. This strengthens our Community of Trust. What would you add to the Honor Code and why?
- In 2006, graduate student Robert Stilling discovered an unpublished poem by Robert Frost while doing research in U.Va.’s Small Collections Library. Where will your Stilling moment be in college?
- We are a community with quirks, both in language (we’ll welcome you to Grounds, not campus) and in traditions. Describe one of your quirks and why it is part of who you are.
- To tweet or not to tweet?
Leave a Reply
“All College Application Essays is an invaluable resource. I recommend it to my colleagues, student and anyone looking forward to the college admissions process. Each college’s essays and requirements are all in one place, and accessible no matter where I am. It is one of the apps that I use most often professionally.” -Wendie Lubic / The College Lady