2013-2014 Harvard College Writing Supplement
1. Briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences. (Required, 150 word max, Paste in).
2. You may wish to include an additional essay if you feel that the college application forms do not provide sufficient opportunity to convey important information about yourself or your accomplishments. You may write on a topic of your choice, or you may choose from one of the following topics (Optional, 1300 word Max, Paste In)
– Unusual circumstances in your life
– Travel or living experiences in other countries
– What you would want your future college roommate to know about you
– An intellectual experience (course, project, book, discussion, paper, poetry, or research topic in engineering, mathematics, science or other modes of inquiry) that has meant the most to you
– How you hope to use your college education
– A list of books you have read during the past twelve months
3. FOR STUDENTS APPLYING FROM SCHOOLS OUTSIDE THE US AND CANADA: (Required for these students, 50 words max. Paste in.) What specific plan do you have, if any, for using the education you hope to receive?